Monday, February 15, 2010

Overdue Spitfire thoughts (02/15)



Let me start this off by saying I have had no reason whatsoever to stop writing for the past two months. I have been a bear in hibernation, and do not have much to show for it. This is a revival of epic proportions. Let's start with a retroactive timeline of the past two months.

12/25 - Christmas. It was a pretty run of the mill Christmas at the Fitzpatrick household. Billy's mop was cut off the top of his head - nice to be home for the first time in 3 1/2 months but couldn't be happier to have spent a semester in Galway.

12/27 - Watching Al Harrington throw away games for the Knicks has begun to take off 3 months of my life per bonehead play. As of today, I have lost 16 years and 9 months off my life. Thank you, Al.

12/29 -Jason Bay signs a 4 year, $66 million deal with the Mets. Up to this point I was unsure Omar Minaya was still taking in oxygen. We can all exhale now.

12/31 - New Year's Eve....not much to be said here.

01/03 - I have a nightmare that Al Harrington gets a technical foul in the 4th quarter of a close game costing the Knicks win. Then I realize this has happened 4 times in the last calendar year. A full calendar year is taken off my life. I apologize to my future children and wife, but it's out of my hands. Maybe I need to stop watching this team. RIP Knicks 09-10 season.

01/05 - Chris Duhon's next basketball contract will be signed in Athens, Greece. We may be better off playing 4 on 5.

01/06 - 01/17 - Literally nothing happens in my life. Not one thing.

01/17 - Return to the land of the Stags. I'm very happy to be back and the townhouses are a great living arrangement.

01/18 - 02/01 - Mets pass on 14 pitchers that could have significantly helped the rotation. If Johan Santana has not seriously considered tying bricks to his ankles and walking into the Atlantic Ocean at this point, something is wrong. One of the best pitchers of our generation is watching his prime being wasted by a completely inept front office. At this point I want Mark Cuban to purchase the Mets...can this happen?

02/02 - Legality ensues in my life. Death/Resurrection of Thomas Fitzpatrick occur. Resurrection can be contributed to Drew Colon.

02/05 - Al Harrington just came to my townhouse and stabbed a pitchfork through my throat.

02/07 - Discovery of The Thrill by Wiz Khalifa. Fantastic song.

02/08 - Mets sit on their hands and do nothing of note. Arsenal are fighting to stay in the Premier League title race as my man-crush on Cesc Fabregas grows to an all time high. Why I did not make a trip to Emirates Stadium in London last fall really escapes me. One big regret of my study abroad experience.

02/09 - Knicks will somehow be well-represented at all-Star weekend in Dallas. Gallo in the Rookie-Soph game and 3-point shootout. Kryptonate in the dunk contest and Lee in the all-star game. Al Harrington causing me to lose sleep and make a move toward legal insomnia.

02/13 - Diddy Kong Racing introduced to Townhouse 75. I take no prisoners.

02/14 - Emerging music sensation Ipso Facto releases his first single. Check it out here.

When does golf season start in Connecticut? One more snow day and I'll be ready for spring.

03/08 - 03/15 ... Return trip to Galway? To be determined.

05/15/2034 - Al Harrington gets charged with involuntary manslaughter in my death. I hope this turns out to be a joke.






No comments:

Post a Comment